Investigate Midwest is an independent, nonprofit newsroom. Our mission is to serve the public as a watchdog over influential corporations and institutions through in-depth and data-driven investigative journalism.
About our journalism
We uncover and critically report on stories affecting agricultural communities, so we all can better understand how powerful companies, institutions and individuals affect our food supply, energy sources and environment.
We do that by:
* Providing consistent, in-depth coverage of issues;
* Employing data and documents to investigate topics;
* Seeking to hold those in power accountable;
* Creating conversations to help inform communities; and
* Training journalists to cover these issues.