The Xylom is a nonprofit, student-led newsroom exploring the communities influencing and shaped by science.
About our journalism
We produce original personal essays, longform science features, and resources for early-career science professionals, in addition to a newsletter curating the best science stories, to understand three questions :
1. ”How can science look more like us?”
2. ”How are scientists shaped by what happens outside of the lab?”
3. ”How do people respond to the changing world through science?”
We pride in:
• Our diverse contributors (>2/3 women/ non-binary; >2/3 people of color),
• Our expertise in multimedia and data storytelling, and
• Our capacity for multicultural content (25 countries and regions, six languages and counting).